Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wordless Wednesday - Blue Ridge Mtns.


This gorgeous shot of the Blue Ridge Mountains, off of the BR Parkway, was taken by my hubby. (Thanks, babe!)

The position of this shot makes me think a lot about what I just learned in Bible study yesterday.
Waiting.
The photo shows two options - turning left or turning right. A decision is to be made. But, make the decision too hastily and you might end up going the wrong way. By pausing, or waiting, my husband was able to snap this shot of the gorgeous mountains ahead.
Now, obviously, my analogy has got to end because if you're truly on the road, with cars behind you, you can't just stop and wait. However, in the spiritual realm of things, waiting may be just what God has called you to do right now. When we wait upon people or situations, our strength will be depleted, however when we wait upon the Lord and His timing, our strength will be renewed. He gives us that promise in Isaiah 40:31.

"but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint."

I'm doing some waiting right now myself... but, honestly my life should be filled with more than just scheduled calendar appointments. I desire to wait upon God to fill my days with spiritual appointments, whether it be through the computer, over the phone, or people I come in contact with in the community. May I be open to His schedule for my life... in the coming days ahead and years ahead.

Now that's a promise worth waiting to see happen!

If we rush through, we miss the view (sometimes literally ;)

More WW at 5M4M.

3 comments:

HDMac said...

Good analogy! I LIKE that..... Waiting on the Lord to help us go the right direction....

hugs,
Marcia

Stonefox said...

What a blessing to read your comment at my place this morning! Thank you for the testimony you give here. My youngest is 12 weeks- delivery is fresh on my mind! I am praying for you today as your time arrives!

Pastor Matthew said...

good point but how come your wordless wednesdays are never wordless! ;)