Friday, January 7, 2011

fresh

As I thought about the photos I'd taken this week, I had a hard time coming up with the theme of fresh. I like the challenge, though, so here's my interpretation this week...


It's a new year and I need to have a fresh perspective on things...
It's time to re-focus on HOPE (specifically my hope in Christ). I've been getting a little discouraged about our current situation and need to get out of the funk and put my reliance back on the Sovereign One who has control.

In terms of perspective, I wanted you to see how I got the "hope" shot by showing you this next one as well. The difference being, I used the lens to take a photo of a wall hanging I have that says "hope," then cropped in on the word to a 5x5 size photo.


I got a "wide angle" converter lens for Christmas from my folks, but due to miscommunication, I ended up with the wrong diameter. Before exchanging, I wanted to check out the quality of the product to decide whether it was worth the exchange for the correct size. So, I played around and took a handful of shots like this with it after carefully taking the lens covers off. Now it is safely back in the box and I am eager to receive the correct size :)

Household6Diva FotoFriday

9 comments:

deb duty said...

I've never heard of a wide angle convertor. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

What a fun way to capture a unique shot. I really like the hope picture. I may need to try this technique. :)

Kathleen said...

Fresh for 2011: HOPE! Love it! May the Lord's blessings be on you throughout the year!

Katie said...

This is a wonderful interpretation of "fresh" - we should always be re-freshing ourselves in Christ!

Kim said...

I bought a wide angle lens attachment that looks similar. It was a 52mm, but my lens is a 58mm. I bought simple converter band on ebay. That might be easier than exchanging it. Now I have the converter just in case I ever need it for something else, too.

Anonymous said...

Indeed, love Hope! Great photo!

Jessica said...

What a fun gadget! It looks like it could be so fun and end with great results!

Anonymous said...

Very cool photo. I would love to hear how you like the wide angle converter.

Megan Manne said...

I just got your comment and thought I'd head on over to see how you're doing! Love your most recent post on Hope...and such a cool picture! I am hoping you and your family are doing well...I'm going to blogstalk you now and catch up. :) Our weekend went great and I appreciate your prayers so much. Have a great day!