Monday, October 11, 2010

reality

Aspirations. Dreams. Yearnings. Desires. Wishes. Those words don't typically describe my way of thinking. I tend to operate in the reality. The actual moment. What I know as fact.
I don't know why I don't dream more. I can't connect this back to some significant event in my past that lead to sadness or hurt that would keep me from dreaming. Maybe it's just that I don't want to be disappointed. Maybe I operate in the moment because it's "safer," as opposed to hurting later on if something weren't to happen.
But is that the best way to act? At NAMB last week, one of the sessions included coming up with our short "story" - which included a goal that we'd like to reach and then a goal that is "God-sized." This "God-sized" goal is to seem so out of reach that it'd have to be by God's hand that it happened. It was no surprise that I had a hard time coming up with that goal.

I just pray that my short dream-sightedness never puts limits on who God is and what He can do in my life. In my head, I know that He can do so much more than I could ever imagine, but in my heart, am I really acting like that? Am I open and expecting more? Am I striving towards that God-sized goal?


No comments: