Tuesday, May 11, 2010

this is the way

Mom emailed me a verse the other day which whispered to my soul: "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'" (Isaiah 30:21). Oh how I crave that guidance. Only I so selfishly want it tailored to my specific future and want it right now.

Earlier in the chapter, Isaiah says,
"This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says:
"In repentance and rest is your salvation,
in quietness and trust is your strength,"

Looks like he says that's not what the Israelites were doing, but how unbelievably, mercifully good God is because a little later on, God is saying that He will continue to answer them, when they cry for help. I guess really that's what I'm trying to do...crying out for His help... trying to simply walk in His way, in repentance and rest (trying not to overthink, not to get ahead of Him by rushing into conclusions)... in quietness and trust (remembering when even on the low days, not to let my emotions run wild - either in stressfulness or in sulkyness, lol, but in trust). Out of those will come His leading and His strength. He'll guide, "This is the way, walk in it."

Sigh. Some days that seems beyond my human abilities. Guess that's the point :)

No comments: