Friday, May 14, 2010

ebeanstalk - toy review

A couple of weeks ago, I signed up to receive a new, unreleased product from Ebeanstalk for my review. Along with it, I was also asked to review a product that they sell now on their website.

The product I reviewed is called the Whoozit Baby Photo Book.
Some of the perks, or positives, of this toy:
it's a book - I love to read, so to have a book to flip through with my son, that's baby proof, to begin instilling a joy of reading, is always a positive!
the colors
- my son was immediately drawn to the bright colors. He reached for the book almost immediately when it was put before him with other toys.
the
handle - at six months, my son still likes "links", so anything with a handle or link is a sure bet that he will hang on to it and explore further (& put in his mouth). :)
multiple pages - Zane is able to page through the book and reaches for them individually. Although I know he doesn't "read" per se, he has the ability to focus on each page individually, especially with photos of people in them!
the photos - this is fun, as I was able to put pics of relatives in them and call them by name to reinforce for him who "mom mom" and "granddad" are.

Ways to improve the toy, or what I feel it's missing:
noise - NO, not batteries - but crinkles and texture to make the pages appealing to grab. I get that the appeal of the book is the photos, but my son will reach for other books of similar nature that have crinkly sounds over this one.

Ebeanstalk is a website dedicated to selecting great baby toys and toddler toys. They rely on the opinions and feedback of bloggers and moms around the country to continue selecting great toys to sell. Their team of child experts also helps them pick out learning toys to make sure your child gets the most out of his or her playtime!

No comments: