Friday, August 14, 2009

school time!

Time for a new school year! My Lynn started first grade this week. Crazy how time flies. Each day I look at her she seems to grow taller and act older. This year, her desk is in the front row, right next to the teacher's desk for now. Good placement... I'll expect lots of learning to take place with no distractions in the way :)
It was amazing how many items were on the supply list, shew. But, she's excited with her Disney princesses and Minnie Mouse folders, her new pencil box, bookbag, lunchbox, etc etc. As a girl, all of these things are of the utmost importance... I remember :)
She came home on the first day talking about all the new rules, activities and classroom "stuff." It was good to hear her chat about it. She's a talker, but at the conclusion of last year, she got to the point where she didn't really want to talk about school or her day. As a mom, I'm still trying to find that balance of letting her know I'm here to listen, but not hounding her for answers to get her to talk as soon as she gets in the car.
I'm looking forward to seeing all that God will do in her life academically, but more importantly spiritually, in her life this school year. "Father, guide my daughter in her studies this year. Help her to know that You are in each part of her life, even school learning. May she come to realize that she needs You as her Savior and her guide through life. Please be with Miss W and Mrs. S as they teach my child this year. May Your love shine through them and may they allow themselves to be used for Your glory this year. Amen"

No comments: