Thursday, August 13, 2009

transformation not managment

Doing some "research" on children and anger this morning. Beyond that statement would require a whole other blog post, which is not where I'm going today. But, I will ask for prayer for it... just for wisdom in raising this six year old kiddo of mine and the individual that she is.
Ok, so I read this article from Focus on the Family: Winning the War Against Anger. While this particular article is not specific to children, the gist behind the article really made me think. Go ahead and click the link first; it's a pretty short article and easy to read. :)

So. What do you think? I hadn't thought about it before, but I do think that today we are all about the "management" side of things and less about "change." We've socially accepted a behavior and rather than biblically attack it, we decide how to go "middle ground" so that both sides are happy. Jesus was not in to management, as the article states, but into transformation (Romans 12:2). Whether it is this article's particular topic of anger or another stronghold in our lives, transformation is not only just a possibility but a truth... "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Phil 4:13).
Think about it this morning. What do you need to give up to the Lord for the sake of transformation?

No comments: