Thursday, September 25, 2008

smoke, fringe, or bells

I stopped by a nursery (plant nursery) yesterday, as Nathan was on my heart, to see if they had any smoke trees in stock. I chatted with the woman, who wasn't overly friendly and actually was borderline rude/short with me. (I've been here before and the owner's at least a little better than her. What is it with nurseries? I'm not the only one with a bad experience). Anyways, I think I've settled on that as a memorial tree, of sorts, for Nathan. I want something that blooms in May (when we lost him), so she also suggested I look at the Chinese Fringetree and Japanese Snowbell. I'd like to put it somewhat close to the swingset we just built. I want something smaller in stature. I don't know how many years we'll be living here in this house (could be 2, could be 20), so I'd like something that will be a fast grower so we can enjoy it now. Anyways, just thought I'd share with you what I'm thinking about today. Anyone know anything or have one of the above trees?

No comments: