Tuesday, August 30, 2011

snagged in texture

Another newbie-texture-user photo here. A goal of mine for the month of September is to watch the instructional videos for Perfect Layers so that I can really get the most out of this program.

I felt this shot of my Rose of Sharon bloom, with it's rough, imperfect, snagged leaves needed some "roughing up" with a texture (click on image to enlarge). I haven't really been shooting that much lately. This little beauty was being tossed around in the winds that we received courtesy of Hurricane Irene. That's about all we got, seeing as we're a good 250+ miles from where it made landfall in the outer banks of the NC coastline.


I need to do a little more research on Rose of Sharon. We were gifted this as a small plant, and have already gotten several blooms, mere months after putting it in the ground. It's a pretty little thing out my back kitchen window. I enjoy the surprise of the blooms when they come, as the individual flowers themselves don't seem to last too long.

Sweet Shot Day

No comments: