Friday, April 15, 2011

looking up


A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of taking a photography class held on the campus of Virginia Tech. It was an unusually cold, dreary day but my dad (who gave me the class as a bday gift & joined me for fun) and I bundled up and he was kind enough to roam (and drive) the campus, letting me hop out when inspiration struck. :) The way this fire escape see-sawed back and forth up the side of the building was intriguing to me. I went for an abstract sort of feel, whiting out much of the photo, letting the eye go back and forth with the lines of the stairwell. (Achieved with the help of Pretty Preset's "Pretty Girl" preset). Foto Friday's theme of "looking up" seemed to fit for this photo.


5 comments:

kayerj said...

great photo--love the perspective of looking at the fire escape from below. Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Unknown said...

LIKE LIKE LIKE it

Kristen said...

love the angle of the photo!

Bonnie Gunkel said...

Fabulous shot!

Kim said...

Oh I think this shot fits the theme to a tee! I love the editing you did. It does exactly what you intended it to do. I find my eyes going back and forth following the stairs as they climb the building. Fantastic, fantastic job!