Wednesday, December 1, 2010

about time to think about Christmas cards!

I've been really busy lately with photo sessions, taking photos of families and children, with the clients' intent of using them as Christmas cards and gifts. This has lead me to think earlier about my own Christmas cards this year! We go back and forth - some years we send a traditional card and include a family photo loose inside with our update letter and other years we have done photo cards and then just sent those with our letter... this year, after surfing around Shutterfly's cards, I'm leaning once again towards a photo card. I have more than one image that I'd like to send out and there are some really adorable Christmas photo cards that give me the option of 2 or more photos. I mean, I have 2 kids so they each need their own spot and then what about me and my hubby?!

Look at this one. I have a great family photo cropped down to a 5x5 plus then extra spots for the additional photos:


And then I saw this one. I like the idea of "joy" for Christmas:


Or, maybe I should go with bright, traditional colors and pick this one:


Ah! The possibilities are limitless!

Hmm... they also have invitations... we are having a Christmas dinner for our community group at church and inviting outside guests to join us...


I just love Christmastime! It's a great "excuse" to reconnect with friends and family that I haven't seen or chatted with in awhile (Facebook does not count). It's also a great time to connect with new friends and to deepen relationships. How will your cards and invitations allow you to do that this year?
Do you normally send out photo cards or send a photo with your Christmas card or forget photos all together?

No comments: