Thursday, December 10, 2009

a baby secret, a poem

I'm working on a post regarding my thoughts these days, about both of my boys... but I read this from Charity at Considering it All Joy and found it comforting... so I'm passing it on to you, especially if you have a sweet little baby who won't be celebrating Christmas on earth this year.

A Baby Secret
I'm just a little feller
Who didn't quite make it there;
I went straight to be with Jesus
But I'm waiting for you here.
Don't you fret about me Mommy,
I'm of all God's lambs most blest;
I'd have loved to stay there with you,
But the Shepherd knows what's best.
Many dwelling here where I live,
Waiting years to enter in
Struggled through a world of sorrow
And their lives were marred with sin.
So, sweet Mommy, don't you sorrow,
Wipe those tears and chase the gloom.
I went straight to Jesus' bosom
From my lovely Mother's womb.
Thank you for the life you gave me,
It was brief but don't complain.
I have all of Heaven's glory,
Suffered none of earthling's pain.
--J. C. Bramfield

No comments: