Monday, November 30, 2009

these days

Time moves at such a quick pace with a newborn! Every time I turn around it's time to nurse and the three hours in between are filled with something! I have forgotten so much of what life is like with a little one. I am learning to add onto my "how much time I need to get out the door" to count in time to make sure Zane's taken care of, loaded into the carseat, etc. etc. Funny how someone so little can amount to so much extra time. :)
We have hit the major "milestones" of losing his cord stump and circumcision ring. He can now be submerged into a real bath. He's now taking daytime naps in his crib and will most likely soon be transitioned into there for nighttime sleep as well. He's just not settling down well in the small cradle by our bed anymore after his nighttime feedings. I'm hoping him going to the crib will help give him continuity of a sleep space and help him to settle down.
My hubby and daughter had a full week off last week and we had such an amazing, relaxing time together as a family of four. We spent the whole week purposefully doing nothing specific, but sleeping, relaxing, and chilling together (well almost the whole week, as I did get a surge of desire to totally clean out and rearrange my bedroom closet one day - we have his/her closets - some post-pregnancy nesting perhaps?). We rented movies, talked, played outside, had some time doing things separately that we each enjoy. All-in-all, great week, especially with Thanksgiving thrown in there, when we spent the day at my sister-in-law's home.
I have read so many posts this weekend about being thankful and I would have to echo most of you when you say that God has given us much to be thankful for...
I praise Him for carrying me through a time of mourning to a time of dancing.

"1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: 2 a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, 3 a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance..." Ecclesiastes 3

1 comment:

HDMac said...

Dancing with you my friend! My youngest grandson, Matthew is 3 months now and growing so fast.... and soooo sweet.... What a blessing...What a blessing Zane....

big hugs,
Marcia