Thursday, August 6, 2009

up and awake

Just another typical morning in the H household...

husband... at the gym (as opposed to bike riding this morning - too wet outside)

daughter... playing on the computer (Disney at the moment, although there are better sites out there - what are your child's favorites? any recommendations? We just found this one the other day and it's very simple to navigate & more educational: ABCya!)

me... searching online for some places to find some decorative (outdoor) urns or large pots for flowers, for my back patio - before Lynn's bday party tomorrow. I just got a 15% off coupon through my Home Depot Garden Club email, so I might try there, but there's also a Garden Ridge nearby that I haven't yet explored, but heard is good for things like that. Mr. H surprised me by finishing cleaning out our back patio area, but it needs some color to warm things up! I'll share some pics when we're done.

I'm looking forward to Lynn's bday party tomorrow. She's so excited to see friends and I think I'm just as excited to see their mommies! :) We're having a small, all-girl party here in the backyard. The best thing about summer birthdays is the ability to have kids and water together for a fun time! We'll start by decorating flip flops - we got some girly ribbon, jewels, and flowers to dress them up. Then they'll just water play for awhile and then make ice cream sundaes and open presents. Very laid back, but hopefully fun for her and her friends. So, before all that goes down, in addition to finding pots, I need to vacuum and clean the bathrooms. :) Glamorous activities for today, eh?

No comments: