Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wordless Wednesday - cave

I really should retitle this "Wordy Wednesday" :)


A few weeks ago, Lynn and I flew out to Missouri and stayed with a good friend of mine, whom I met back during our hubby's seminary days. We had our first kiddos together and our families enjoyed impromptu "pot luck" meals together. Her hubby's now serving in the midwest and we're out here on the east coast, so we don't see each other all that often, though we keep in touch weekly via phone. It was soooo good to see her, her hubby and their 3 girls. While her hubby (& mine back home) were both away on mission trips, we lived it up (or as much as you can with 4 total kiddos under the age of 5) :) One day, we drove into Hannibal and toured the Mark Twain cave. It's there that I took the above picture. I couldn't be in the area and not do something touristy!

I also took a pic of the Mississippi River, from the car, which she thought was hilarious, but hey - it's one long river, borders a ton of states, and I've never seen it! I told her I wanted to put my feet in it, but she said it was gross and I really probably didn't. For some reason, we just ran out of time and I didn't get to do that.. :)



For more WW, see 5M4Mom.

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Cool pictures!!