Thursday, February 12, 2009

the body, as one

Title: Behind the Scenes
Album:
My Paper Heart
Artist: Francesca Battistelli

(Chorus)
Things aren’t always what they seem
You’re only seeing part of me
There’s more than you could ever know
Behind the scenes
I’m incomplete and I’m undone
But I suppose like everyone
There’s so much more that’s going on
Behind the scenes

Not sure if you've heard about music "newcomer" Francesca Battistelli, but I've heard a few of her songs and like her stuff! (The link above includes the actual song to listen to). After hearing a few prayer requests at church this Sunday, this song came to mind. I was so surprised to have my "eyes opened" to so many struggling with a common problem. And honestly, not so surprised to realize that impressions of people are not always the reality. How quick we are (I am) to form opinions and judge others (but that's for another post, another time). What struck me is just the honesty of this classmate being willing to share her family's struggle with others.... sharing the "behind the scenes" look at her life. But, here's the exciting part... others in our class, in response, next voicing their struggles and encouraging this one. It was humbling and even encouraging to me, watching and listening my brothers and sisters in Christ coming to the aide of another. I walked away with a heavy heart, wanting to lift those families up in prayer, but somewhat comforted in watching the body work together. Praise God!

No comments: