Monday, October 13, 2008

quiche (now really, who came up with that spelling!)


I thought I'd share the recipe that led to the post about my daughter's crazy no-touch food obsession. Well, here is the recipe (complete with a pic) of what I cooked that night!

Quiche Lorraine
1 9" pie crust
12 slices bacon, fried, drained, & crumbled
9 oz. grated cheddar or swiss cheese
4 eggs
1 Tbs. flour
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. salt
sprinkle of pepper
2 c. light cream (I just used 1% milk)
1 1/2 Tbs. melted butter

Layer bacon in the bottom of the pie crust. Sprinkle the cheese over top.
Beat eggs, flour, nutmeg, salt, & pepper together.
Add milk and butter to egg mixture.
Pour egg mixture over top of bacon & cheese layers.
Bake at 375 for 50 mins. or until quiche has "set."

Y'all - this was so easy!! Try it. Mm mm!

No comments: