Friday, October 31, 2008

the gift of song

Helping me continue down the slow walk of grief & healing has been the gift of song. I've put together a playlist, that I've passed along on cd to several friends who have recently started the walk I'm on as well. Some of these songs I found from Heather at Mom4Life when I began reading her blog, just after both of our losses. She introduced me to Watermark's "Glory Baby," which brought me to tears more times than I can count in the beginning. Now I sing it with a hopeful smile thinking of my Nathan waiting up in heaven for me. God had Natalie Grant's "Our Hope Endures" on as the first song I heard on the empty ride home from the hospital. Wow, thanks God, that song is amazing. Some of these have been added over the five months, some are on here because they've meant a lot to me even before losing Nathan, and some were most precious to me right after our loss. Please, leave a comment if there is a song that has meant a lot to you during a "quicksand" spot in your life, whether it was a loss or just a rough time.

So, anyways, here's my list, in no particular order:
Mighty to Save by Laura Story, from Great God Who Saves
Lift Up Your Head by Meredith Andrews, from The Invitation
Held by Natalie Grant, from Wow Hits 2007 (Disc 1)
Washed By The Water by Needtobreathe, from The Heat
Have You Ever? by Shawn McDonald, from Simply Nothing
Here I Am by Shawn McDonald, from Simply Nothing
With Hope by Steven Curtis Chapman, from Speechless
God Speaking by Ronnie Freeman, from God Speaking
Let Your Mercy Rain by Chris Tomlin, from See The Morning
Glory Baby by Watermark, from All Things New
You're Not Alone [Acoustic Version] by Meredith Andrews, from The Invitation
We Fall Down by Nichole Nordeman, from Sing over Me: Worship Songs & Lullabies
I Know You're There by Casting Crowns, from The Altar And The Door
In Christ Alone by Natalie Grant, from Relentless
Love Can by DecembeRadio, from Satisfied
Don't Worry Now by Britt Nicole, from Say It
Life Ain't Always Beautiful by Gary Allan, from Tough All Over
Bring The Rain by MercyMe, from Coming Up to Breathe
Free by Shawn McDonald, from Ripen
Desert Song by Hillsong Live, from This Is Our God
Precious Child by Karen Taylor-Good, from On Angel's Wings
Praise You In This Storm by Casting Crowns, from Lifesong
Remembering You by Steven Curtis Chapman, from Music Inspired By The Chronicles Of Narnia
How Great Is Our God by Chris Tomlin, from Arriving
Homesick by MercyMe, from Undone
The Only Thing by Ronnie Freeman, from God Speaking
Our Hope Endures by Natalie Grant, from Relentless
I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever by Sonicflood, from WOW Worship Yellow (Disc 1)
Own Me by Ginny Owens, from Without Condition
Be Still by Story Side B, from We Are Not Alone
Fellow Traveler by Ginny Owens, from Long Way Home
Visitor from Heaven by Twila Paris, from Beyond a Dream
Hope Now by Addison Road, from Addison Road
I'm Letting Go by Francesca Battistelli, from My Paper Heart (Bonus Track Version)
While I'm Waiting by John Waller, from The Blessing
You Are Everything by Matthew West, from Something to Say
There Will Be a Day by Jeremy Camp, from There Will Be a Day - Single
My Hope is in You by Aaron Shust, from This is What We Believe
Faithful by Brooke Fraser, from Albertine

No comments: