Wednesday, September 10, 2008

an emotional low

Oh yall, I'm so mad, sad, frustrated, disappointed... (warning: female topic ahead)... I started my period today, so my dream was just that - a dream. Not only the shock of starting because of the dream, but also b/c I'm a week and a half early. Oh I hope this will not be the new normal for my cycle!
So I'm angry. Why give me the dream? Why the dash of harsh reality this morning after all the joyful mind-wandering of yesterday?
So I'm disappointed. More months to wait. We've said it'd be best for our youth pastor family not to have a summer baby, so now we'll have to be careful over the next few months to not conceive. (Don't get me wrong, we believe family is first, but it would be better for the birth and even birthdays later not to have to worry about it & scheduling camps, mission trips, etc. As it is now, our daughter is a summer baby). Er. Me and my best friend will not have babies together (she's newly pregnant and we could've just been a week apart).
So I'm thankful. At least the Lord allowed my period to start the day after the dream night and I didn't go another week and a half filling my mind with "what ifs" just to find out the disappointing news.
I know God's timing is just not now... it'll be ok, but for today I just don't wanna talk about it.

2 comments:

Susie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your disappointment. I know that God has a plan...it would just be nice to be in on it once and a while.

HDMac said...

I know that must be disappointing.... life can be at times... The dream?.... God's way of saying ..Trust me... in time, my loved one, in time.... My timing...
You are loved sweet one... and it is ok to be disappointed and it is certainly ok to be genuine in telling God that... He will see you thru...Ah, His plan for you must be so special......