Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I had a dream...

Ok, I almost feel foolish posting about this but... it's about dreams. Now I do believe that God has used dreams in the Bible to speak to His people (see Genesis 20, Matthew 1) and He told us about those that can interpret dreams (Joseph, Daniel), however I do not rely on dreams personally. I have never had the experience of being "spoken to" while in dreamland.
I do want to record this, however, should it come true. Last night was a horrible night. Went to bed normal time, around 11p (feeling kinda "yucky") and was restless all night. Tossing, turning, odd, vivid dreams, waking up several times, etc. Now in the past that type of night has come with pregnancy. But, listen to this: in one of my dreams, I was taking some sort of medical test that displayed results on a small, digital screen. I distinctly remember reading "You are pregnant" across the little screen. Crazy. So, I decided to share the dream with my hubby, who said "You won't believe this, but... I dreamt I was holding a baby in my arms and that it was our baby. It wasn't Jill's (our close friend that had a baby about 10 days before our Nathan) baby. I remember knowing that it was my child." Chills.
Especially after hearing his dream, I just had to pray about it all and just turn it up to God. I can not and will not get hopes up or put my hope in our two dreams. My hope rests solely in Christ. But, I will be super excited if it comes true ;-)

1 comment:

HDMac said...

Bless your heart.... will be praying right along side... knowing that whatever God has planned you will accept graciously from Him....