Monday, August 18, 2008

not a survivor, a champion

Took advice from Heather at Mom4Life and listened to both the YouTube video and speaker Patty Moreno on Friday. I don't know what it is, but if I'm gonna have a down day, a "missing my baby" day, Friday tends to be the roughest. I wonder if it's because he most likely lost his life on a Friday (although I didn't get an ultrasound and a diagnosis until Saturday). Coincidence? Who knows. All I know is that I needed those two talks. I needed to share in the pain with others who had similar experiences. Thanks, Heather. You too have walked my walk and I'm right there with you.
A lot of what Patty said was good, but her comment in which she said something like, "Don't be hollowed out by circumstances. Don't walk as a survivor, but as a champion." It hit me because I think that's what I would describe how I feel sometimes... hollow, numb, or at best, a survivor. But I need to remember that because of God's plan for my life, if I allow Him to be my guide, I'll be as great as a champion. No, I won't be like Michael Phelps with his eight Olympic gold medals, but I'll be living the life that God has for me. His plan. The path which, with God's help, will allow me to best reflect Him in my life. Walking that path is better than a hundred Olympic gold medals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post. My "rough day" is typically Saturday. It was the day of the week that I delivered and is a day of the week that has a shift in the routine. It helps in a way to know that you also find a particular day of the week to be harder.