Wednesday, July 23, 2008

airplanes

I'm just sitting here... listening to "Watching Airplanes" by Gary Allen. Ever done that? I just read an old post by Fiddledeedee about loving the airport - the airport itself is a getaway for her. I just flew up to my folks this past week and recently experienced the airport. My daughter loved crying out, "Here comes one!" and then watching the plane land and taxi into it's "parking spot." There's something reassuring about watching them fly in and out. It's like an ocean wave. Life is constantly moving. When I was in the hospital delivering my son, time moved on, despite my world crashing to a complete stop with the news of his death. But, there's something reassuring about the world continuing on. God is still in control. Tomorrow will come. Time will help heal.

No comments: