Sunday, August 5, 2007

temptation

My challenge to you today: Don't help Satan by opening yourself up to temptation. "But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts." (Romans 13:14). After your moment of giving in to temptation, the remorse afterwards, and after asking (God and others whom it affected) for forgiveness, have you ever stopped to think about how you got into that situation? How many times do we not go the extra step to protect ourselves from temptations? If you know you are weak in an area, don't even go there!
My weakness deals with time: I need to decrease my computer surfing time and increase my time w/ my daughter during the day. I'm starting work this week and my hours with her will be fewer, and I need to make sure that I am being the mommy that God has called me to be. She's growing up so fast and I will never get these years back, however the computer just sucks me in! I need to not give Satan that foothold maybe by setting a timer then turning the computer off for the rest of the day, or something! I do well once my hubby comes home and we do spend family time together at night, but I know that there are precious mommy/daughter learning times to be had and I can't let myself be tempted to miss them by fulfilling my "fleshly lusts" (yes, even just wanting to surf appropriate family-friendly sites is a "lust" b/c it pulls me away from where God wants me to be).
How about you? Everyone is tempted and everyone falls to temptations, after all, we are all sinners (Romans 3:23). Ask God to show you your weaknesses and how to steer clear of situations that lead you to fall.

No comments: