Tuesday, July 3, 2007

verse

"Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters,
As the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress,
So our eyes look to the Lord our God,
Until He has mercy on us." Psalm 123:3

I think God also could've added, "as a young daughter looks to her mother for a response when she asks for a snack." Ok, well that would work for my daughter anyways. She's skinny as a rail and is always asking to eat! But, I digress...
This description means that we should be sitting on the edge of our seat, waiting in expectancy for what God has to say. And, I might add, goes along very well with the post on prayer - part of prayer is waiting in expectancy for what God will impress upon us. Ah! I love the Bible - God's truth, no contradictions.
The last part also stood out to me... "until He has mercy on us..." God's limitless, endless supply of mercy. What a gift!
Look to God in eagerness today - spend some time basking in His mercy.

No comments: