Tuesday, July 10, 2007

how disturbing

I use Google Reader to keep up with all (well, a ton of them anyways) my favorite blogs that I've stumbled across over time. It's a wonderful tool - I sign in, see who has updated their blog, read their new posts, and I don't have to click through all of them individually to look. Well this morning I find that a new site/subscription has been added to my reader. I read through everything else and got down to this one... it was pretty much an x-rated blog, that just appeared and had been added to my subscription list. How disturbing. I like google reader a lot but have no tolerance for something like that happening. So anyways, yes, I just clicked unsubscribe and the problem was solved, but anyways, I pray for all the men/women that are out there at sites like that and stumbling in their walk with Christ (or not having one b/c Satan has them right where he wants them - far from God), or failing their marriages by finding fulfillment through x-rated sites and so far down deep in the pit that they think they can't make it out. Well, I have news. God can reach into that pit and pull you out! He did for David, in the Old Testament of the Bible and He still rescues people today!
Psalm 40:2
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
Psalm 30 is another good psalm to read when you're looking for a pit-rescuing happy-ending story (again, David). Cry out to the Lord - literally - cry out, if you need to. He hears you and will answer your call. With His help, restoring relationships is possible, ending addictions is possible, finding a true source of sustainment is possible. Don't stay stuck in the pit.

No comments: