Monday, September 26, 2011

fall stylin'

Pinterest (or should I say Polyvore since that's where most of my style board has been pulled from) has been a fun way to browse styles and outfit/accessory ideas. I wouldn't say that I have been online shopping based upon what I've found and liked, but it's helped to identify some style ideas that I like and want to keep an eye out for (in stores that I frequent locally).

My biggest "want" items for this fall-winter-spring are cardigans and scarves. Those have been items I've been splurging on of late. Two of my latest finds have come from Target actually. I picked up this today (in two colors, but one's gonna have to go back, once I get hub's opinion or I make up my mind!).
I have found that cardigans' sizing, in general, are tricky for me - I don't really like the ones that have a lot of gathering hanging in the front (I'd rather add a scarf to do that). Most tend to be a bit on the long side for me too. I tried a few on and actually found out that a petite size tends to work better. So I'm trying to decide if I should order a petite size of this one online or if I like the way the ones I bought fit. Decisions! ;)


A few weeks ago I bought a scarf that looks like this (but I can't find the actual one to link to in order to show you):
source
The one I got is a burgundy in color. Most of my other scarves are thinner, like the one below (from Kohls). I have a deep royal blue tank (+ white cardigan) and a peacock/teal color tank (+ brown cardigan) that I wear this one over. I wore it this weekend at the Women of Faith conference and it was great because it was chilly in the arena, but I could de-layer when walking outside in the humid air.
source
What can I say? They are pretty versatile!

What's been your latest clothing find? What's on your wishlist for the fall?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The scarf is fantastic! Nice color and looking very pretty, thanks for the share!


Job Responsibilities

white cardigan said...

I just stopped by your blog and thought I would say hello. I like your site design. Looking forward to reading more down the road.