Monday, July 11, 2011

fruitsicle anyone?

Found this website recently and learned of some great "duh" ways to get more fruits and veggies in my kids. Zane is a horrible vegetable eater; I have got to work on getting more in him (and the rest of us as well!) But first, a little easier tackle: fruit.

While I was at Aldi the other day, I picked up a jar of mixed fruit with this idea in mind: Canned Fruit for Kids

So simple and so easy to involve the kids, even my 1-yr old. Popsicles might be a no-brainer to some of you, but I don't make a lot of koolaide (water is our drink of choice around here) and don't want to "waste" straight juice for popsicles, so we end up just never making them.


I did end up draining out the syrup that was in the jar of fruit, and adding 100% Tropical Juice to the fruit mixture in the blender. I thought that might be less sugary. We'll see how it goes, when they are hopefully frozen enough to snack on this afternoon outside, but Lynn tried some of the blended fruit/juice and pronounced it "delish!"

No comments: