Friday, January 1, 2010

praying for our children

Sometimes I am at a loss of how to pray for my children. Beyond praying for their salvation, some days I get stuck. However, recently I came across a Moms In Touch flier. I don't know much about the organization, however appreciate the examples they give regarding Moms praying scripture for their children specifically.

Let's start the new year off right and make the commitment to daily pray for our children or grandchildren.


Place your child's name in these Scriptures...

Relationship with God:

Merciful Lord, I ask that _________ will love You with all his/her heart and with all his/her soul and with all his/her mind. (Matthew 22:37)

Purity of Heart:

Dear Father, I pray that _________ would flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. (2 Timothy 2:22)

Protection from the Evil One:

Almighty God, You are faithful. I pray that You would strengthen and protect ________ from the Evil One. (2 Thessalonians 3:3)

Eternal Love:

Loving Father, I pray that ________ would know that you love her/him with an everlasting love. (Jeremiah 31:3A)

Relationship with Friends:

Dear Lord, I pray that _________ would choose godly friends, who will build them up in You, and be kept from harmful friendships that will lead them astray. (Ecclesiastes 4:10; Proverbs 1:10)

Plans for Future:

"For I know the plans I have for _______," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper _________ and not to harm _______, plans to give ______ a hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

No comments: