Tuesday, January 19, 2010

just thinking

Being a psychology major in college, I have always been incredibly interested in genetics and personality and pretty much the uniqueness of individuals. I enjoy finding out what makes an individual "tick" as opposed to another. Recently, with what we're going through, I've been more observant of differences... between husbands and wives within a married couple (myself included), between teen girls, between people in the same job position, between parents. Different people respond differently to the same situation. It's so easy to get caught up in right and wrong and think that our selfish way is the best way. I'm guilty of judging others. God is working on my heart for that. ("Mercy triumphs over judgment." James 2:13). He gave me an interest in people, but I need to make sure that my interest doesn't turn into judgment. That is left for Him, not me. Each of us are unique, completely created by God. ("...by your will they existed and were created." Rev 4:11).
It's hard not knowing what's next. It's hard living in a town that you know you came to because of the church you're no longer a part of. Nothing is holding us here, yet I feel settled here and I'm not ready to leave here. What gives me hope is that God has created me, my husband, my daughter, and my son uniquely for the experiences that He is going to allow us to go through. We may each respond differently to those experiences, as they will impact us each slightly differently, but the common ground is that if we cling to Him, He'll guide us through. It won't matter if it's my way or someone else's way if it's God's way we're going.

No comments: