Thursday, August 20, 2009

safe?

Bought the new Britt Nicole cd yesterday and have been listening to it both yesterday and today. I kinda wrote the song "Safe" off as just having a good beat, but I didn't dig into it enough to really listen to the lyrics. I followed along using the cd jacket this morning and am copying two of the stanzas here for you to read...

(stanza 2)
I'm strong enough
I've always told myself
I never wanna need somebody else
But I've already fallen from that hill
So I'm dropping my guard,
Here's your chance at my heart and...

(stanza 3)
Everything you want, but it's everything you need
It's not always happy endings
But it's all the in-between
It's taken so long, so long to finally see
That your love is worth the risk
Oh, no
My walls are gonna break

You're not safe
and that's ok

My Jesus is my safe haven, but if you think about it, following Him isn't always that safe. It requires risks. It requires letting your heart go. It requires listening to Him when it goes beyond reason. It requires faith when sometimes the answers aren't clear. Heather from Mom4Life posted this on her facebook last night:

"A wife who loses her husband is called a widow. A husband who loses his wife is called a widower. A child who loses their parents is called an orphan. There is no word for a parent who loses a child... That's how awful the loss is." -Jay Neugeboren

Like Britt says, "It's not always happy endings, But it's all the in-between." God is there, through it all. He's personally walking me through the loss of a child, walking me through this following pregnancy, walking me through figuring out how to be a better wife and mom. His love is "worth the risk" even though it isn't always "safe."

No comments: