Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tackle It Tuesday - sewing

Thanks to a little motivation inspired by my neighbor who has made such adorable dresses for her two girls (I keep telling her she needs to sell on Etsy!), I have cleared a little space in the future baby's room and set up my sewing machine. My past sewing projects have included couch pillow covers and several curtains. I have been proud of my projects, but am still very entry-level to this whole world of sewing.

Project: burp cloths, as seen at A Chelsea Morning.

Outcome: 4 done! This includes 1 that's a disaster (we'll just use it for baby H), 1 that is not quite up to gift-status (baby H's again), and 2 more that I am going to give to a friend as a part of a gift for her new baby (hooray!). I've got 8 more cloth diapers to use, and I'm hoping to make several as gifts (lots of babies being born to friends these next few months).

Here's a pic of my temporary sewing area









and my completed projects.

3 comments:

Susie said...

Awesome sewing tackle!!

Shanna said...

Awesome! I did a sewing tackle too! Mine didn't turn out quite so well... But I'm going to keep at it since I really want to make cute dresses for my girls. Best wishes to you and your family!

Dana Schmoyer said...

those are cute!