Wednesday, June 3, 2009

school's out...

...for the summer! I really just can't believe what has transpired this year in the life of my oldest kiddo. The changes that happen during the kindergarten year is truly crazy. If you'd have told me last August that my preschool student would bloom into an elementary school student who would know how to read, add & subtract, learn sentence structure & write a complete thought out on paper, I'd have looked at you with skepticism. But all that and more have taken place this school year.
We've had kindergarten graduation, which included an adorable play with the students taking turns announcing what they'd like to become when they grow up. My Lynn dressed up as an artist and took her turn saying her line. This is the kid who stands up in the front of church during kids choir days with her mouth closed. But, she has done wonderfully with her public performances this year at school.
I can't wait to see her continue to grow and see what first grade has in store for her next year. Now, as her teacher has encouraged, we need to keep it up during the summer so that we don't lose that learned knowledge. :)
In raising children there are definitely discouragements but it is so much worthier to spend time thanking the Lord for His work in our children.

No comments: