Wednesday, December 17, 2008

my little bell-ringing, singing daughter

The Christmas show went great!! I am so proud of my daughter - she was up there, on stage, in front of many, many parents & grandparents :) She sang, she signed, she played the concert bells. She growing up so much. Uh. I was rubbing her back in bed last night to help her calm down from such an exciting, late night, and as her eyes were closing, I just felt such a huge heart-bursting overwhelming feeling of love for her. You know, being a parent is such a HUGE responsibility and sometimes I just feel so incapable of handing that responsibility, but that's why we have a God who is full of infinite wisdom who guides us through the process. It really is amazing. From a man and a woman comes forth a whole other human being. This human being starts small and it's almost like you have to think for them because they're so little and helpless. But then they start to grow and mature, and their own personalities come forth. They have their own character traits and strengths and weaknesses and fears and excitements and wishes and dreams. It's just so eye-opening as they grow up. I feel like this year, since she's gone to kindergarden that she's just grown so much. I mean she's always had a strong(willed) personality, but we're seeing so much more of her now. As she's maturing and learning wrong/right, it's just so heart-warming to see who she's becoming. Oh, what a tremendous responsibility, but such a tremendous joy and priviledge, this thing called motherhood.

1 comment:

Eli's Lids said...

Great post! I love when to talk about tucking your little one in bed and just watching her fall asleep...
http://elislids.blogspot.com/