Tuesday, September 23, 2008

hope, don't lose it

I'm s-l-o-w-l-y making my way through Gracie Malone's LifeOvers (as in, I started one year ago, but set it down for a season, and have recently picked it back up again. It's super inexpensive now at CBD - see the link). Anyways, the chapter and question I was on today dealt with 1 Peter, chapter 1, verses 3-9. WOW. This whole passage deals with having faith so that we can have hope, even when the trials hit us. Verse 8 sums it up - it's this faith and hope in Him, even though He can't be seen is what can allow us to have faith and fill us with joy despite our circumstances. To me, after losing Nathan, the most important, sustaining thought/knowledge was hope - the hope in Jesus, the hope in a future, the hope of His peace filling my broken heart. Hope is huge. When you lose hope, your faith can begin to waver. Hold onto hope!

No comments: