Monday, September 1, 2008

bittersweet

This weekend has been vacation weekend for us. Off to visit some friends in Savannah, GA while we caught some sun on Tybee Island. But the vacation over this particular weekend was bittersweet. Two years ago this Labor Day weekend, I lost my second child to a miscarriage in my 11th week of pregnancy and had to have a D&E. Fast forward that a year and a half, and I delivered Nathan, silently, on Memorial Day weekend. (What is it with those holiday weekends?) This weekend wasn't too hard or covered in sorrow, but I did stop and remember my little ones in heaven as I watched the constant waves crashing onto the beach. I thanked God for His care of my little ones with Him and His care of us here. I thanked Him for giving us our daughter here on earth, to celebrate life.

"I am in pain and distress;
may your salvation, O God, protect me.

I will praise God's name in song
and glorify him with thanksgiving.

This will please the LORD more than an ox,
more than a bull with its horns and hoofs.

The poor will see and be glad—
you who seek God, may your hearts live!

The LORD hears the needy
and does not despise his captive people.

Let heaven and earth praise him,
the seas and all that move in them"

Psalm 69:29-34

No comments: