Saturday, July 26, 2008

back to routine?

Going home tomorrow after visiting my folks for 10 days. The week before that my hubby and I were apart as he was away at youth camp. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to a little quiet time with my husband when we get back. Lynn actually talked to him on the phone today (she is not a big phone-talker, somehow I'm sure I'll miss these days when she hits teenage years) and made his day. Somehow I'm ready for the fall and for the craziness of summer to subside. Even though I will be sending my only child off to kindergarten and will have an incredibly quiet house, I am ready. I think the Lord's been preparing me for the occasion by giving me some great summer memories but also letting me see just how "grown up" she is and how ready she is to be a "big kid." I don't look forward to sending her off to be under another's care most of the day, to be influenced by a classroom full of other children, or to be exposed to who knows what else. However, I am excited to be able to send her to a great Christian school and can't wait to see her grow academically and socially. I pray daily for the Lord to use her and praise Him for the plans He has for her life. (Jer. 29:11)

No comments: