Thursday, August 2, 2007

got some QT today

I have been horribly ignoring the Lord, and it's been during some really critical family/life decisions too. I say this so quickly, but my heart is truly breaking as I came to Him for forgiveness today. In His goodness, during my quiet time, He lead me to the verse that I've posted in the sidebar as the new verse of the month. He reminded me that He is my rock - not me, not my hubby, but God is ("He ONLY is my rock and my salvation"). God is unchanging, God is stable ground, able to be leaned upon. I have been giving in to stress lately and I need to give in to God - not the perceived "difficulties" in my life right now. I need to not be swayed by anything other than His Word.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and it's righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:33-34.

2 comments:

Nan said...

Thanks for this post. I struggle in this area too...

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm visiting from the scrap party.... this post really hits home with me today. I've been ignoring God, too. I think I need to put my trust in Him and things will fall into place.
Happy Friday!